Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement
When we talk about 'MayDaySOS,' 'we,' 'our,' or 'us' in this policy, we are referring to MayDaySOS the App designed by Imagen Software and Web Design. When we talk about "you," "your," , we are referring to your app on your mobile device.
Copyright (c) 2017 MayDaySOS by Imagen Software and Web Design
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Information we collect and receive
1. Customer Data Content and information submitted by users to the Services is referred to in this policy as 'Customer Data.' As further explained below, Customer Data is controlled by the organization or other third party that created the workspace (the 'Customer'). Where MayDaySOS collects or processes Customer Data, it does so on behalf of the Customer. If you join an account and create a user account, you are a 'user,' as further described in this User Terms of Service. If you are using the Services by invitation of a Customer, whether that Customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that Customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Customer Data which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
2. Other information
MayDaySOS may also collect and receive the following information:
Account creation information. Users may provide information such as an email address, phone number, and password to create an account. Workspace setup information. When a Customer creates an account using the Services, we may collect an email address, an account name, workspace photo, domain details (such as www.maydaysos.co.za), user name for the individual setting up the workspace, and password. We may also collect administrative team contact info, such as a mailing address.
Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our corporate affiliates and our third party payment processors may collect and store billing address and credit card information on our behalf or we may do this ourselves.
Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the workspaces, channels, people, features, content, and links you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any).
Contact information. With your permission, any contact information you choose to import is collected (such as an address book from a device) when using the Services.
Log data. When you use the Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser/app sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
Geo-location information. Precise GPS location from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
Services integrations. If, when using the Services, you integrate with a third party service, we will connect that service to ours. The third party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with MayDaySOS. However, we do not receive or store your passwords for any of these third party services.
Third party data. MayDaySOS may also receive information from affiliates in our corporate group, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information, such as which IP addresses go with which zip codes, or it might be more specific information, such as about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
How we use your information?
We use your information to provide and improve the Services.
1. Customer Data MayDaySOS may access and use Customer Data as reasonably necessary and in accordance with Customer's instructions to (a) provide, maintain and improve the Services; (b) to prevent or address service, security, technical issues or at a Customer's request in connection with customer support matters; (c) as required by law or as permitted by the Data Request Policy and (d) as set forth in our agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer.
2. Other information
We use other kinds of information in providing the Services. Specifically:
To understand and improve our Services. We carry out research and analyze trends to better understand how users are using the Services and improve them.
To communicate with you by:
Responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
Sending emails and MayDaySOS messages. We may send you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features or other news about MayDaySOS. You can opt out of these at any time.
Billing and account management. We use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments. Communicating with you and marketing. We often need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons. We may also use your contact information for our own marketing or advertising purposes. You can opt out of these at any time.
Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep the Services secure and to prevent abuse and fraud. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable user or Customer of the Services.
Your choices 1. Customer Data Customer provides us with instructions on what to do with Customer Data. A Customer has many choices and control over Customer Data. For example, Customer may provision or deprovision access to the Services, enable or disable third party integrations, manage permissions, retention and export settings, transfer or assign workspaces, share channels, or consolidate workspaces or channels with other workspaces or channels. Since these choices and instructions may result in the access, use, disclosure, modification or deletion of certain or all Customer Data.
2. Other information If you have any questions about your information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Choices In addition, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. MayDaySOS does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device operating system.
1. Customer Data MayDaySOS may share Customer Data in accordance with our agreement with the Customer and the Customer's instructions, including: With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals to process Customer Data. With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process Customer Data. With third party integrations. MayDaySOS may, acting on our Customer's behalf, share Customer Data with the provider of an integration added by Customer. MayDaySOS is not responsible for how the provider of an integration may collect, use, and share Customer Data.
2. Other information MayDaySOS may share other information as follows: About you with the Customer. There may be times when you contact MayDaySOS to help resolve an issue specific to an account of which you are a member. In order to help resolve the issue and given our relationship with our Customer, we may share your concern with our Customer. With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals, such as third party payment processors, to process information on our behalf. With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process other information.
3. Other types of disclosure MayDaySOS may share or disclose Customer Data and other information as follows:
During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of MayDaySOS's assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes like telling a prospective MayDaySOS Customer the average number of messages sent within a MayDaySOS workspace in a day or partnering with research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about workplace communications.
Security MayDaySOS takes security seriously. We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
Children's information Our Services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.